Bail agents at All American Bail Bonds in Santa Clarita understand that the process of getting a bail bond for a loved one in jail may be difficult and confusing for a family. Bail agents at All American Bail Bonds want to make the process as easy and as smooth as possible for the family.
“Your loved one can be home within hours when you choose All American Bail Bonds in Santa Clarita,” said Inessa Chavez, vice president of All American Bail Bonds in Santa Clarita.
After a loved one has been arrested and charged with a crime, they can bail out using a bonding agency or wait in jail until their court date if they cannot afford bail.
There are five basic release options:
- Cash Bond: The full amount of the bond required to release a defendant from jail, paid in cash. A bail agent doesn’t need to be hired in this case, the jail can be paid directly.
- Surety Bond: An agreement between a person and a bail agent, backed by an insurance company contract. The bail agent agrees to release the defendant from jail and post the necessary bond. An insurance company contract signed by the person and the bail agent backs the agreement on behalf of the insurance company. In case the defendant misses his or her court date, the full bond amount must be covered by cash and/or collateral.
- Property Bond: To secure 100 percent of the bail amount, the court claims the property.
- Own Recognizance (OR): Release of a person from custody upon the promise to return to court, without the payment of any bail or posting of bond.
- Citation Release: This involves the issuance of a citation by the arresting officer to the arrestee, informing the arrestee that he or she must appear at an appointed court date. This is also known also known as “Cite Out.”
Bail agents at All American Bail Bonds in Santa Clarita are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They will explain the process as well as post bond and will ensure the defendant appears at all court dates.
The defendant’s full name and any aliases, the jail location, the booking number and the charges will need to be provided to bail agents at All American Bail Bonds in Santa Clarita.
A non-refundable premium, of 10 percent of the total bail amount will be charged by bail agents at All American Bail Bonds in Santa Clarita.
“For example, you will only pay approximately $500 if your loved one’s bail is set at $5,000,” said Chavez.
In some cases, collateral may be required. Collateral helps guarantee that the defendant will appear in court and will be returned when all premium has been paid and court appearances are made.
Once the premium has been paid, documents have been signed and the information is verified bail agents at All American Bail Bonds in Santa Clarita will post the bond at the jail. This process can take a short time or several hours depending on how crowded the jail is.
The defendant must be present for all court proceedings and meet any other conditions set by the bail agent after being released.
When the case is over and all conditions have been met, the bond is discharged, whether the defendant is found innocent or guilty.
If the bail conditions are violated or if a defendant fails to appear in court:
- The court will issue a warrant and will forfeit the bail.
- The bail agent will try to locate the defendant and most likely return them to jail.
- The bail agent must pay the full amount of the bond to the court if the defendant cannot be located within 180 days.
- In order to repay the bail agent/surety, collateral used for the bond may be lost.
All American Bail Bonds in Santa Clarita has several locations in California.
Bail agents at All American Bail Bonds in Santa Clarita will be more than happy to discuss all options for your loved one, call them today at 661-255-2245.
“With Us You Are Never Alone”
23360 W. Valencia Blvd. #E
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
24 hours a day — 7 days a week
If loved one in custody and they wish to talk to an All American Bail Bonds representative call:
818-990-0003 or 661-267-6777