A loved one will often use the services of a bail agent to obtain release of the defendant when someone is arrested. However, many wonder how much do bail agents charge?
“At All American Bail Bonds in Santa Clarita, we understand that while a person is detained, they aren’t able to work which can make their personal situation difficult,” said Inessa Chaves, the vice president of All American Bail Bonds in Santa Clarita.
The client will pay about 10 percent of the total amount of the bond, plus actual, necessary and reasonable expenses acquired in connection with the transaction at All American Bail Bonds in Santa Clarita.
For example, the amount paid to the bondsman will be $500, if the bail is $500. The indemnitor may be asked to provide proof that they are able to pay the entire bail amount if the defendant “skips bail,” as well.
Chavez said that actual, necessary and reasonable expenses can include:
- Reimbursement for long distance phone calls.
- Excess travel expenses (outside of the bail agent’s normal scope of business, or into an area where the agent does not advertise).
- Posting fees (for payment to an agent in another area to physically deliver a bond. An agent should not charge a posting fee for the normal delivery of a bond in the agent’s advertising area).
- Bounty agent/skip tracer expenses, which are usually based upon the amount of the bond.
- Payment of the bond amount for the defendant’s failure to appear.
- Attorney fees and court costs.
The amount of the bail will be determined by the court. A judge can be asked to lower the bail amount if the defendant can’t afford it.
“All American Bail Bonds in Santa Clarita offers a quick and easy way to make payments,” said Inessa Chavez. “A payment can be made through our website, over the phone or in person.”
Clients can call (866) 734-8688 to speak with an agent who can help process a payment over the phone or to ensure an agent who can process a payment is at the location.
For a list of all of the All American Bail Bond locations visit their website.
“With Us You Are Never Alone”
23360 W. Valencia Blvd. #E
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
Call Toll Free: 888-755-2245
24 hours a day — 7 days a week
If loved one in custody and they wish to talk to an All American Bail Bonds representative call:
818-990-0003 or 661-267-6777